JOIN AS ARTIST OR GALLERY
Register and pay early to assure your place in the brochure!
Deadline for registration and payment for 2017 Art Crawl is July 15, 2017.
The Art Crawl offers Crawlers access to participating galleries and art studios along the Sunshine Coast Highway from Langdale to Earls Cove.
This is your opportunity to participate in this community event and showcase your talent to visitors (Last year, 2016 there were over 35,000 studio visits with $268,000+ in recorded sales). We are inviting all artists on the Sunshine Coast to become a part of this event by opening their studio or gallery to Crawlers. Have a reception, demonstration, workshop, entertainment, etc… Artists from Powell River should contact Malaspina Arts Society or Artique to learn how to join a group that will be coming to the Lower Sunshine Coast to show their work at Roberts Creek.
Venues will be open 10:00am to 5:00pm
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Friday evening 6:00pm to 9:00pm is optional but you MUST let us know to be included in the brochure.
Read on for details!
- create and provide (free) highly visible road and studio markers* note: Purple Banner Flags are for Purple Banner participants only
- publish a high quality printed brochure and map made widely available (this will also be available online and on smart phones)
- create a separate page on www.suncoastarts.com for Art Crawl participants
- create a passport & stamps for crawlers to win prizes
- publish strong advertising in local papers
- advertise the event to Sunshine Coast, Vancouver and Vancouver Island, place ads in Visitors Choice, ZOOM Magazine, newCoaster, Visitors Guide, On-Board Magazine, BC Musicians Magazine, Festival of Written Arts programme, Purple Banner Guide, Harbour Spiel, Powell River Living, Preview, Galleries West and many other tourist magazines
- provide a strong social media presence … we now have our own YouTube channel
- partner with Sunshine Coast Tourism for off-coast advertising
- have 70% of your product for sale created by yourself or members in your venue
- be open from 10:00am – 5:00pm on Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- have a reception / demonstration / treats / entertainment / your choice
- have the option to be open Friday 6:00 – 9:00 pm for artist reception – YOU MUST LET US KNOW if you plan to be open so we can advertise in the brochure.
- you will track visits by participating crawlers(forms provided – this is a HUGE help in our marketing and for advocacy for the arts)
- you will track sales (forms provided and stricktly confidential)
- you will help promote the Crawl through your own list of contacts
- be part of an exciting arts and culture event to bring buyers and browsers to the Sunshine Coast during the shoulder tourist season and the up-coming holiday season
We are happy to have the support of Sunshine Coast Tourism and this event has become the focus of their Fall for the Arts extensive tourism campaign. This support will benefit artists with the marketing efforts of the event reaching audiences beyond the Sunshine Coast.
Must be paid by July 15, 2016 to be included in the printed brochure.
All participating artists must be a member of the Coast Cultural Alliance as of July 15, 2017
$45 individual | $60 non-profit | $99 business
If you were you in the 2016 Art Crawl Brochure
Simply send any text or image changes by email email@example.com
New to the Crawl and currently a member?
You need to fill in the basic member application form PLUS the purple coloured section and check the Art Crawl box plus ONE discipline box and the area your venue is in.
Other info we will need once you have decided to join
(please send in a separate email)
Please provide us with a 250 character description of your venue (this includes name, address, website, punctuation & spaces) to be included in the Sunshine Coast Art Crawl brochure and map.
The 2016 brochure will have icons identifying if you have the following amenities. Please indicate the ones that apply to you.
Reception Friday 6-9pm
For all participating artists please send 3 high resolution images for inclusion on the website, brochure and facebook page. Please forward images to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 15th and indicate the image you want to appear in the printed brochure.
Can a group of us join together?
The following guidelines apply to the types of Art Crawl Participants:
Individual: one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- Must be a paid CCA member – $45 annual
- Will receive one Art Crawl brochure listing and on-line listing for $115
Group: more than one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- All members of this Group must be a paid CCA member ($45)
- The Group will receive one art crawl venue # sign, one brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $115 – if other artists in the group wish to have a individual venue #, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $115 for each additional listing
Existing Gallery, Business, non-profit or Co-op
- Must be a paid CCA member ($60 for non-profit)
- Will receive one Art Crawl venue # and sign, brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $115
- if other artists in the group wish to have a individual venue # and sign, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $115 for each additional listing
CCA Member Benefits:
- Year-round inclusion on the CCA website member’s gallery with a profile, 3 images, contact information, link to your website and email link
- Inclusion of events in the CCA weekly newsletter: Featured Artists, work referrals, current grants information, event and show updates. This newsletter is also sent to info centres, the B&B community, and media outlets to inform locals and visitors about CCA member activities.
- Free event/workshop/gallery listing(s) in the monthly CCA Arts and Culture Calendar with opportunity for front cover image.
- Opportunity to participate in the Purple Banner and Sunshine Coast Art Crawl